PSD (short for Photoshop Document cluster) is an image file saved in the original format of layers exported from Adobe Photoshop software. This means that after exporting the file, it still retains the actions and layers you made before, and you can make further edits whenever you open it again.
Viewing: What is PSD
PSD was born to help you without difficulty in continuing your interrupted work or sharing files for others to work together.
A typical PSD file will contain 1 image, but you can save much more with multiple layers of images, filters, text, and more.
Software that can read PSD files
The downside of PSD is that it is not an open format that can be displayed and used in all image editing software. Most alternatives can only be viewed as a still, non-editable image. Therefore, you can choose to stick with Adobe Photoshop, or refer to the software that reads backup PSD files below:
– CorelDRAW– This is the best software for you to open and edit PSD files.
– Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Adobe effect – software from the same house as Adobe will definitely help you view and edit like Photoshop. However, Premiere and After Effects will only be useful when you use them to edit video and audio.
– GIMP – the most popular free software that allows you to open PSD files and some other special formats for editing with their tools. Sometimes GIMP still has trouble editing PSD files with too many layers or advanced effects. So please note that your file selection is not too complicated.
– Photopea – another software that allows you to view and edit PSD files, although not as optimized as Photoshop.
See also: What is Ethereum – Difference Between Ethereum And Bitcoin
– IrfanView; PSD Viewer; Apple’s QuickTime Picture Viewer – these are three free software that help you view still images in case you don’t need to edit.
How to convert PSD files to JPG, PNG, BMP, or GIF formats
After finishing editing, you want to save your PSd file to another format such as JPG, PNG, BMP or GIF so that you can post it online or send email, slideshow… ?
Simply click on the file (left corner on the screen) then select Save as => select the format you want to save.
If you do not use photoshop, the fastest way is to use Photopea => Select file => Select Export as to be able to choose the desired format such as PNG, JPEG, SVG, GIF, WEBP.
Some more info
– How to use .PSD files:
+ If you open PSD files sent from others, you just need to select Open to start the presentation of PSD files in Photoshop ( Ctrl + O ), or open with compatible software introduced.
+ Once the file has been opened, you will see all the layers that make up the main image in the right corner. You just need to select the layer you want to edit and click on it to start editing as usual.
See also: What is English Quotation
– You should also note that, once you have saved the PSD file as a static image file, you will no longer be able to undo it to the PSD format. If you want to avoid this, save a . Second PSD for backup.
Thus, the article has answered you the most essential information about PSD. Choosing and using PSD files properly will help you a lot in the smooth process of editing your photos/publications. Don’t forget ColorME’s basic photoshop course will help you design creative media publications or products with high applicability for work! In addition, learning graphic design online with E-ColorMe is also an attractive choice not to be missed, allowing you to quickly practice on your own after learning with the lecture system. Diversity and clear roadmap!